Subscribe to RSS Feed

Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Curious Case Of Louis XIII

Pretty sure a lot of y'all that follow me on Twitter can relate to this blog title...."Louis XIII"....for those who don't know...all right listen up.....when I say Louis XIII I'm not talking about my twitter handle or the king of France who became king at age of nine(9) because his father(Henry IV) was assassinated in 1960(How in heavens name did I know that???)....I'm talking about the Cognac Produced by Remy Martin popularly addressed as  'A Moment'....The 40/40 Club(Jay-Zs Club) even includes a “Rémy Lounge,” in salute to his favorite brand.

Hmm....am sure Ur wondering "Why in hell is this nigga blogging about SHAYO"?!....Hang in there ill tell you why..."It was a hot sunny afternoon when I got a call from a friend inviting me over to share "The Greatness" With him...we settled for some liquor at the liquor store(Obviously)...on out way past the "Expensive Liquor" Section...which we didn't even *Imagine trying to almost consider going close to* for personal reasons *wink*....I spotted Something glowing from the distance and to my surprise it was a Golden bottle Laying still on a Single
<><>
<>
<><>
shelf, Like Something the gods ordered. Below the bottle, on the shelf were the words boldly crested "LOUIS XIII"....very catchy name yeah?!...but you just wait and hear the price....5....wait for it.... FIVE(5) Hundred and Thatty Thazand Naira(530,000) ONLY...Half a Million!!!!...So as a Very GOOD & responsible Nigerian...I Threw my head forward and kept marching ahead to sip on my own *price withheld* shayo...but this Scar, this "stinger" remained in my head, heart and in my soul. This is to say..This right here(The Cognac)is valued at the same amount of money used to feed children dying of hunger in Somalia..What the hell f*** the Somalian kids..this money can change my parade for a long period of time...maybe... and That's what they are charging for ordinary "Miri" (igbo for water)...ordinary alcohol...has it come to this....is this why we are here in this life....to come and be intimidated by a single bottle of Ogogoro?!...This my fellow friends is very disturbing...I only imagine if In my Dream I happen to struggle and buy this wine and some silly friend holds the bottle up in the air singing.."Pop pop pop....pop something"...the only thing popping wud be his brain allover my fine Rug...heck this cognac should be as a prescription from the doctor....1 drop a year.I bet you can use that amount to develop an estate in ebute metta...*No pun intended*....

       So it all narrows down to a Question of Choice..If in Possession of that kind of Money Would you rather save starving kids, orphans, motherless babies someplace or settle for a bottle of cognac in which its value can be compared to the value of money that can be used to feed thousands of people in India and of course, Mushin(again No Pun Intended).The Choice is Yours.....@Louis_The_XIII Signing out!

NB: This Blog post is based on my experience oh am sure there are plenty more cognacs that are more expensive than "Louis XIII".....And i swear this is not an attempt to discredit the wonderful drink I don't mean to criticize..."is it my money?"as a matter of fact this otapiapia i mean "moment" can be located in wine stores in the Federal Capital

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lmao!!!.....but dis totally makes sense.......sad...piple re bent on practicing the highest level of idiocy!

Anonymous said...

LMAOOOOOOOO!!!!! I laughed all d way thru dis mehn, zeem u slay me!!!!

theycallmeIby said...

OMD!! God punish those ppl sha.. I'd rather drink palmy

Chyk Gerald N. said...

Hehehehehe...Niiiiiiiiiice 1!!!

misz_fareemah said...

Interesting read... A lotta money is frittered away worldwide on ever-priced material possessions > From Hollywood to yonder, the hunger is insatiable > the lust never ends. Back home, even our very own politicians and business moguls can lavishly afford such. *remember the wedding in April* #GodDey

Anonymous said...

No seriously, didn't think I would have laffed at this article, u rili got a point here ooo!!!!! LMAO! All I can say is may God be with us!!!

Post a Comment